27 January 2011

Developing divergence awareness

Today's been all about divergences, specifically that of price action and the MACD not conforming to give an indication of a major move on the way. Whilst I appreciate that divergence alone isn't enough to make a reliable trading decision, i'm starting to notice it and the price moves that follow. A pretty darn sweet leading indicator. Now if only I could settle on the timeframe and those confirming indicators then perhaps I would be getting somewhere. Anyways, I'll keep learning and see what turns up.

Here's a great vid from Andy Skinner to show divergence in action. Although his emphasis is on stocks it's really worth a watch, especially take note if you're new to the subject like me.



Hadn't considered divergence of the histogram until I saw this video: